Terms & Conditions
2023 Parkinson’s Marathon Walk Participant Waiver
Conditions of Participation
• I agree to the following as conditions of participating in any of the events that make up the Parkinson’s Marathon Walk ("Event").
• Event means any of the activities within or that form part of the 2023 Parkinson’s Marathon Walk.
• Event Organisers are Dean Laws and Advance Rehab Centre.
• Charitable Beneficiary is Parkinson’s NSW
• I acknowledge that: I am not aware of any illness, injury, physical disability, or impairment which may cause me injury or death during or as a consequence of event participation and that I participate in the Event at my own risk. I accept all risks associated with participation in the event, including but not limited to loss of life or permanent injury.
• I will take all reasonable measures to protect myself from the risks of participation. I accept all responsibility for travel and personal medical insurance and for payment and/or reimbursement of medical/surgical expenses and/or transport or other ancillary costs incurred as a result of my participation in the Event.
• I agree to accept full responsibility to inform myself and assess all the dangers, hazards and risks of entry in the event and rely solely on my own assessment of these dangers, hazards and risks before participating in the event and notwithstanding any decision thereon made by the organisers and other persons corporations and bodies involved in promoting or staging the event.
• I accept that the Event Organisers or the Charitable Beneficiary may refuse to allow me to participate in the event for the safety of myself and of others.
• I am responsible for all property I bring to the Event sites and acknowledge that neither the Event Organisers, Dean Laws nor the event charitable beneficiary, Parkinson’s NSW accept responsibility for any loss or damage to this property.
• I consent to the conduct of identity verification checks, background security checks and any other security checks (which may include inspecting the personal property I bring to the Event) prior to my entry to and/or departure from any Event’s site.
• I acknowledge that the Event Organisers, Charitable Beneficiary or their representatives may remove me from the event and/or exclude me from participation in the event (a) if my behavior is inappropriate, offensive, or abusive, (b) to prevent damage to any property, (c) on medical or health and safety grounds (including to prevent possible harm or injury to myself or any other person), (d) to prevent or arrest any form of unauthorised marketing, including ambush marketing.
• I undertake to comply with all applicable regulations, by laws and rules of the Event Organisers in relation to the Event and will comply with all reasonable directions and decisions of the officials, and other representatives of 2022 Parkinson’s Marathon Walk staff and officials.
• I release the Event Organisers and Event Beneficiary (and each of their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, contractors, sponsors and/or agents) from any claim and from any liability (to the extent permitted by law) for or as a result of any loss, injury or damage suffered by me in relation to my attendance and participation at the Event, however so caused, including any claim or liability which arises due to any negligence of the Event Organisers and Event Beneficiary (and/or their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, contractors, sponsors and / or agents).
• I consent to the publication and/or use in any form of media whatsoever of my name, image, voice, statement or otherwise, including the publication of my name and/or event participation and applicable age bracket in/or marketing materials/website without payment or compensation.
• I understand any funds raised are non-refundable for non-starters and non-finishers at the Event. All entries are non-transferrable.
• I, being the participant, have read and agreed to these terms and conditions. I understand that by supplying The Event Organisers and Charitable Beneficiary with my e-mail address and mobile telephone number I will receive regular e-newsletter/SMS updates from the Event Organisers in order to keep me informed about this and future events.
• If the Event is cancelled for safety concerns or otherwise as a result of something beyond the reasonable control of the Event Organisers or the Event Beneficiary including and without limitation strong winds, heavy rain, excessive atmospheric pollution, lightening and accidents, or any other Act of God, I accept that my funds raised and/or any other cost incurred in order to participate and/or get to the Event will be non- refundable.
• In addition, I acknowledge I will have no claim against The Event Organisers or the Event Beneficiary for any loss or damage I may suffer as a result of such cancellation.
• Privacy Declaration: The Event Organisers and the Event Beneficiary collect your personal information for the purpose of conducting the Event, including identifying participants, recording results and communicating with you about this Event. I consent to my personal information being provided to and used by the Event Organisers and the Event Beneficiary for the purpose of administering the Event.
I also give permission for the free use by Parkinson's NSW of my name, image and voice in any broadcast or any other account on social media, the website or any media of Parkinson's NSW.
• I agree that when using the website and communication tools such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels it does not include any of the following unacceptable content of communications:
• Sexually explicit messages, images, jokes
• Offensive messages, images, jokes
• Unwelcome propositions, comments, requests
• Degrading material
• Any activity which may constitute intimidation, harassment, disparagement or bullying.
For more information on the walk or conditions as outlines in this waiver, please contact the event organisers: Contact Details: Dean Laws – 0425 217 997
DECLARATION We declare that all the information supplied by me for registration is true and correct.
In order to participate in the Event, I must have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of entry. By checking the box, I declare that I have read, understood, acknowledge and agree to the terms and conditions of entry including the exclusion of implied terms, warning, assumption of risk, release and indemnity. I agree that the Event Organisers may, at their absolute discretion, vary the event rules and conditions without prior notice to me.
I certify that I am 18 years or older, or that I am the parent/legal guardian of the participant who is under the age of 18 years, and I have read this document and fully understand it. As a parent or legal guardian, I agree to these terms and conditions for and on behalf of the participant.
I agree that if my application is accepted, I will be bound by these terms and conditions.