Terms and Conditions
This page sets out the terms that apply for your participation in the The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party, your use of the The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party website, resources and other The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party materials. Your registration in the The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party indicates to Parkinson’s NSW (PNSW)* that you agree with these terms and conditions (General Terms), as updated from time to time.
- Parental Consent – All terms and conditions apply to parent or guardians of registered The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party participants under 18. It is a condition of use of this Website that any person under the age of 16 participating in The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party be appropriately supervised by an adult. Where a child is under the age of 12, they must only operate the website under the direct supervision of a parent or carer. We may refuse access to the website to any child under the age of 16 until we receive permission from their parent or guardian.
- Respect The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party Community– Be respectful by adhering to the following:
- You must not interfere with our website, upload viruses or other malicious code
- You must not bully, intimidate or harass anyone
- You must not post any content that infringes or violates someone else’s rights, or otherwise violates the law, or that is discriminatory, hateful, pornographic, threatening or violent
Failure to provide personal information may result in The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party being unable to provide you with certain information and offers.
You may opt out of receiving communications at any time by contacting us via email, phone, mail or Facebook Messenger to update your preferences within the database.
- Your privacy – The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party and PNSW staff and volunteers understand and respect your right to privacy and the confidentiality and security of personal information provided by you. PNSW will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, interference and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Your fundraising– the proceeds from your fundraising will assist PNSW to continue to support, enable and advocate for and with people living with Parkinson’s and their communities.
- Prizes –
- Prizes pool consist of 2 x Smeg 50s Mini Retro Style Kettle valued at $190 (RRP) each inclusive of GST and 1 x SMEG Kitchen pack including 1 x 50s Retro Kettle and 1 x Toaster valued at $450 The total prize pool will be valued at $830 inclusive of GST
- You have two different way to win.
- Register for The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party and raise $308 on your official fundraising page by 11.59pm on the 31 October 2023 and you will go into the draw to win one of two SMEG Mini Retro Kettle.
- Register for The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party and raise $2,435 on your official fundraising page by 11.59pm on the 31 October 2023 and you will go into the draw to win a SMEG Breakfast Pack which includes a 50s Retro style Kettle and 2 slice toaster.
- The prize is not redeemable for cash.
- Winners will be supplied with the colour of the kettle and toaster that is available from the supplier.
- The winners will be notified via email or phone from 12.30pm AEDT on Friday 10 November 2023, and must provide a postal address for the prize to be mailed.
- The prize will be mailed within two weeks (14 days) of the draw. If a winner does not provide a postal address within 14 days of the draw, the prize will be forfeited by the winner. If the winner is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
- Content posted by you- Any content that you post to our socials or fundraising pages (e.g. photos, videos and comments) is your responsibility, and you must make sure that you have the necessary rights to post that content (e.g. by obtaining permission of copyright owners if necessary or by obtaining permission to use personal information of third parties). By posting any content, you also give The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free worldwide right to use and reproduce that content.
- Resources The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party provides you– The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party takes great care with the information and resources we provide, and we endeavour keep all information accurate, error-free, and free of any offensive material. However, you use the site at your own risk and PNSW will not be liable for any costs or losses you incur through your use of our resources and information. Whilst we may include links to third party websites or resources, PNSW is not responsible for such third parties, and you use those websites or resources at your own risk.
- Fundraising events or activities– If you choose to host or organise a fundraising event or activity as part of your The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party campaign, you accept that you are responsible for the organization and running of the event, which includes acquiring any necessary permits, permissions and/or insurance, and complying with all legal requirements, required to hold said event. There may be risks and dangers inherent to an Event, and by choosing to host it you understand and accept that PNSW will not have any liability in relation to any injury, damage or loss incurred in connection with your event. PNSW is not liable for any cost or losses that incur through your event.
- Participating in a hosted The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party Event– You acknowledge that if you participate in a The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party hosted Event of any sort, you do so at your own risk and that PNSW will not have any liability in relation to any injury, damage or loss you suffer as a result.
- Campaign period- The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party campaign opens in August through to November 30. Any funds received post November 30 will be attributed to the following year’s The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party campaign.
- Our rights– The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party may remove any content posted by you or prevent access by you at its entire discretion. Any failure by PNSW to enforce our rights under these Terms is not a waiver and we remain entitled to enforce our rights.
Entities and governing law – The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party is powered by Parkinson’s NSW 93 023 603 545 (PNSW) and is subject to the fundraising laws in NSW.
While we have made every attempt to ensure that the information contained in this website has been obtained from reliable sources, PNSW* are not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information.
PNSW and their respective officers, employees and agents shall have no liability for any costs, losses or damages of any kind, which you may incur, arising either directly or indirectly from your participation in The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party.
To the full extent permitted by law, the PNSW disclaims any and all warranties and guarantees, express or implied:
- regarding the accuracy, reliability, timeliness or otherwise of any information contained or referred to in The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party materials, The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party website and/or of any linked sites; and
- regarding the merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose for any service or product contained or referred to in The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party materials, The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party website and/or on any linked sites.
- that the website, or its server are free of software viruses, the operation of the website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that errors and defects will be corrected.
PNSW reserves the right to amend these Terms from time to time and You will be subject to the Terms in force at the time you register for The Great Parkinson’s Tea Party.